How to Apply – Master’s or Sixth-Year Program

To apply for admission to the Special Education master’s or sixth-year programs, complete the application process which begins at the link below. Applicants must have completed a baccalaureate degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university.

Begin your Application

Application Instructions

Applications will be evaluated upon receipt of all required documentation:

  • A personal statement from the applicant addressing his/her reasons for applying and his/her plans for the future (uploaded)
  • Three letters of reference from individuals who can address the candidate’s potential for success (uploaded)
  • Current resume (uploaded)
  • Unofficial transcript(s) (uploaded)
  • Official college transcript(s) mailed to the Graduate School (see address below)

o    minimum of a 3.0 grade point average

o    or a GPA greater than 3.0 for the last two years of study

  • If you use the results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), you must have a minimum overall score of 550 for the paper-based test or 79 for the internet-based test.
  • When completing the application form, select Education: Educational Psychology (MA) as the program name.
  • The GRE and Residence Affidavit are not required for the Master’s or Sixth-Year Program.
  • Fields marked with a red asterisk (*) on the application are required fields.
  • After you apply, please send the Grad School your Official Transcript(s) in one envelope to:

University of Connecticut
Whetten Graduate Center
438 Whitney Road Ext.
Unit 1152
Storrs, CT 06269-1152

There are two deadlines for application materials. For students who wish to begin study in the Spring semester, the deadline to apply is October 15.  To begin study in the Fall semester, the deadline to apply is February 15.

If you have any questions on how to use the Hobson’s Apply Yourself online application system, please contact the Grad School at 860-486-3617.

International Students: This program is a part-time and online program. Pursuant to U.S. immigration regulations, the University of Connecticut may not sponsor F-1 and J-1 visas for the purpose of coming to the U.S. for enrollment in this program. International students may enroll in this program if they are currently in the U.S. in another visa status that permits foreign nationals to engage in school enrollment while meeting their primary visa objective, or if they complete the program from their home country.